One person's opinion

Doing what is right should not have to be enforced by law.  If man were only
half what God wants him to be then we would not have to write rules to govern
right and wrong.

This leads into the fact that it is wrong to approbate another's property.
For this reason I cannot understand why supposedly upstanding members of the
AHS feel they have a right to take a plant that has been developed by a
hybridizer. The hybridizer has spent years working to produce the plant.  In
a period of the 10 to 15 years the plant has cost considerable in time,
energy and money.  When the get rich quick person, that can't take time to do
the necessary work to make their on varieties, throws that new plant into a
TC lab it becomes impossible for the hybridizer to recoup the cost of
producing and registering the plant.

I feel strongly that the above described action is dishonest.  At present I
know of at least 4 people that are working behind my back, never mentioning
to me that they plan to mass produce my introductions.  If you are among the
group you can now know that I have no respect for you.  You are trying to
line your pockets at my expense.

There may not be a written law saying it is wrong but I ask you how do you
sleep at night?  Two other people have done this to me in the past few years.
 I have discovered their deed only by reading someone else's report or
finding the plants on a wholesale list offered to the public.  These two
people did not have the courage or the decency to even call to inform me of
their action which had a great influence on my plans for the following years.

At this time I would like to add that Jim Anderson at Winterberry Gardens and
Walters Gardens have been completely up front about all of my plants and that
I really appreciate their code of ethics.
Mary