Re: One person's opinion

Jim, I am afraid that all too often I imagine that others are doing the hosta
thing for a living and not just for the pleasure.  I know it is hard work,
and Mary has genius, strong will and determination, but this is also her
livelihood (I always imagine that she is a retired school teacher).  All that
aside, Bob made a good point too.

I know that I have paid a hundred dollars for one of Mary's hostas, and have
always been delighted to add any of hers to my garden when I can find them in
the thirty or forty range, never giving a thought to ethics or how all this
is being done.  I too can be greedy.

We can knock this around and point fingers, but what we need to do is to come
up with a solution to the problem and not just what the problem is.  Mary
made it very clear in her posting, as did Chick and Bob.

All right all that is my two cents for what it is worth,  Narda