One and only reply

I sympathize, and I don't want to start a fight, and I didn't put any of your
plants into tc, but if you sold the plant without a patent, I'm afraid you
have a leg to stand on. I really don't see any difference between putting the
plant in tc and buying a hosta and selling divisions without giving the
breeder a
cut of the profit.  It's just a matter of scale.

Chick I don't know of anyone that seems to enjoy a fight more than you.
Other wise why are you always the first to rush in to anything that is
controversy?  Anyway you were never on my hit list for one TCing my plants.

Most growers buy tc plants, and I think most of us know that the breeders
generally don't get a commission. It seems to me that if I object to my plants
going into tc, then I shouldn't buy anyone else's plants from a lab unless
are getting a commission. And if that's the ethical thing to do, how can I
one of Mildred Seaver's introductions and sell it without sending her a
check?  I
think it's a shame, but until the breeders find a way to convince the labs
it is in their interest to share the rewards with them, as Jim Anderson does,
just have to accept the fact that once you sell an unpatented plant, the
can do just about anything they want to with it, just as you can divide and
resell any unpatented plant that you buy.

The point is not what I can do about the situation but what is the right
thing for others to do.  For example, I have about 10 plants of you Princes
Diana growing here.  There is nothing to stop me from putting one or even two
in TC except that it is not the honest thing to do.

i Mary
    Morally you are right 100%. But I do have to ask the question if you
sent a check off to Mildred Seavers or Paul Aden and others for the
thousands of plants I am sure you sold from your nursery over the years.

Bob, You are another person that is sure of facts that are not true.  First,
I would like to say that I have not sold thousands of plants.  Second, If I
understand correctly the plants that I bought done by Paul Aden were done by
Khlem's who paid him a royalty for what they sold.  Second I feel that
Mildred is another person that has had a bad deal but not through my hands.
Third the topic being discussed was someone putting a plant in TC that they
did not develop.  I have never in my life put someone else's plant in TC.
How many of you can say the same?  Fourth, placing blame on someone else in
no way makes a wrong right.

I have no time to continue a discussion that should be unnecessary in the
first place.  Facts are that right is right and wrong is wrong.  So if some
shoes out there are uncomfortable, I doubt that getting a larger pair will
help the situation.