Re: Some Grow---Some Don't

  • Subject: Re: Some Grow---Some Don't
  • From: NardaA@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 07:48:29 EDT

hawesj@atlantic.net writes:

<<  I hope others share their views also.

Jim, with some hostas like Aristocrat it is pretty easy to determine it is a
hard to grow, but I am not giving up.  With other losses such as Niagara
Falls, which went down and left a good twelve inch square root system which
when I dug up last night, looked plump and healthy.  There was no sign of a
crown.  The same was true of Pete's Passion.  Planted very near to the
Niagara Falls.  So here is the question that concerns me.  I have several
other hostas planted in the same bed, what do I do to eliminate or at least
make my chances better of not having the same problem with other plants?

Thanks to all who have suggestions here..........