Re: Hosta 'Cherry Berry' Hardiness?!

  • Subject: Re: Hosta 'Cherry Berry' Hardiness?!
  • From: "Michael Derksen" <greenthumb@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 10:25:20 -0500

Clyde,
    Yes, I sink the pots into the ground for the winter. They all had pretty
good root systems after I divided them.
    I went out to look at the garden yesterday and it looks like one of the
Hosta 'Cherry Berry' plants *might* be starting to grow. It looks like one
little growth is trying to poke up through the soil. It is VERY tiny. My
'Uzo No Mai' came through the winter great, with no protection at all. It
broke dormancy at the same time as the other hostas. I hope the 'Cherry
Berries' are just slow to break dormancy. I will wait until the end of May
and if nothing comes up I will use the spot for another Hosta!!
Thanks,
Mike
USDA Zone 4a (but I dream in zone 6)