Re:

  • Subject: Re:
  • From: NardaA@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 17:50:32 EDT

In a message dated 5/6/01 12:12:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mc_hosta@Bellsouth.net writes:

<< The babies were very
 young but growing well. I am as sad as they are. >>

Mary, this kind of thing happens all the time to the beautiful cardinals.  I
love them they are so tame around here that they will come to the deck to get
pecans that we throw to them.  Sadly chipmunks are devastating to the low
nesting birds too, they are the single most deadly predator to the songbirds.
 I have never seen a snake in our neighborhood, but we have cardinals in
abundance.  We just have to keep planting those trees and bushes that provide
good cover for them.  N.