Re: Fw: Registration

  • Subject: Re: Fw: Registration
  • From: "Bill Meyer" <njhosta@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 21:32:56 -0400

Chick, Chick, Chick,
            Communists? Committees? Secret AHS dictates? My Committee of
Communist Commisars? My God, 50's-style paranoia lives on! The Illuminati
are the ones behind it all. Really. They are in cahoots with the Masons. I
have secret info no one else possesses that proves it. I can't show it to
everybody because..........

>There have always been
> similar or identical plants with different names, whether through mistake,
> disceit, or quest for honor and glory.  Christmas Tree and Grand Master,
> Satisfaction and Tyler's Treasure, and many others we both can name if we
> wanted.   So what is the solution and what does First Look have to do with

         Profit might also be a reason. The solution is to have more really
new plants available to the nurseries, so they don't have to put out the
same plants the other nurseries are putting out. If you could stop clouding
the issue with bizarre paranoia and twisted rhetoric, we could get down to
it. The issue is exclusive new introductions, not new plants to the catalog.
You know, that "bragging rights" thing? The ones that have the big star next
to them that means "available only from us"? That's what we're talking
about. Not selling TC 'Alleghan Fog' at a 1000% markup.
        That's where having Seedling and Sport Competitions can change
things. Nurseries can see a wide range of new seedlings and sports and
arrange with the originators to market them. If nurseries want to have
exclusive new only-available-from-us plants and not battle with each other
selling the same plant with different names then they have to get a look at
what's out there. Where do you go to find brand-new nobody-else-sells-it-too
plants? Other than your own backyard, where there are some pretty good ones
I have to admit? Not every retailer is generating their own new plants.

       Damn, I was going to keep arguing about this but your post just came
in saying you agree with me. That's not fair! Make some more outrageous