Re: Vein Count

  • Subject: Re: Vein Count
  • From: "Ransom Lydell" <ranbl@netsync.net>
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 08:33:14 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lu Treadway" <Hostanut@Bellsouth.net>
To: <hosta-open@mallorn.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2001 8:58 AM
Subject: Vein Count
Great Expectations, is a seboldiana.  Believe me, so is Summer Joy.
Seboldianas that are not yet producing "mature" leaves can show a lower vien
pair count.  That will change eventually.  All my larger field plants of G E
are up in the 12 to 14 count.  That is a range that is common for
sebplsianas.  Just wondering where you got the 10 figure?  If a plant
purchase as "Summer Joy" is growing more rapidly than other Great
Expectations. thet is just the pattern of variable growth rates applicable
to all G E. plants.  I will stake my ( well something) on this (Summer
Joy)being just another Great Expectations!  I believe we all GOT HAD !