Fwd: Hosta's Legend

  • Subject: Fwd: Hosta's Legend
  • From: Giboshiman@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 14:24:56 EDT

This came in through the AHS homepage and I have no answer!  Can anyone help
this lady?

Kevin P. Walek

Please help me to find out if there is a legend were Hostas are concerned pertaining to graves.
My brother in-law claims there is a legend.
The reason I would like to know is because my father died in March and was buried in the cementary, one month later a hosta started to sprout. Now two months later and it is big and really healthy. I live in Louisville, Ky and there has not been much rain. There has been no knowledge of this happing in this paticular grave yard. No has even claimed to have planted it.
My mother had my father buried in a grave yard directly  behind her house. I as a child I lived behind the grave yard and always had a thing for getting peace of mind by cleaning up the flowers and never encountered hostas before.
Thanks,
Katherine Nava