Re: Tomatoes in pots

  • Subject: Re: Tomatoes in pots
  • From: ALICE ZEIGER <gardenrat12831@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 17:33:58 -0700 (PDT)

--- CBCTPLANT@aol.com wrote:
 In a message dated 4/28/2002 5:11:19 PM Eastern
 Daylight Time, NardaA@aol.com
 a good tomato to pot up for my grandmother's

I would recommend Brandywine, but there's also another
great old-fashioned tomato called "Lillian's Yellow"
that is a bit later in the season. These make smallish
fruits but they are absolutely delicious for slicing,
dicing or just eating off of the vine.
Also very attractive in pots.  I've also had good luck
with one called "Box Car Willy."  Love the name, also
good fruits, slightly larger size.  And then there's
Homestead--another good old standby.

Alice Z. Zone 4-5 NY

Do You Yahoo!?