Re: Moisture Crystals and Zerotal

  • Subject: Re: Moisture Crystals and Zerotal
  • From: Ray W <wie1086@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 09:56:35 -0400

On the subject of Moisture Crystals- I have been using them for three years now.
I always expand them in a 5 gal bucket. It takes about 12 hrs. for them to fully
absorb water. They can stay in that bucket without issue "all" season, so you
can have them ready when needed. As far as shrinking back to crystal size, I
have yet to see it. It would take along hard drought. This product is made to
assist in dry conditions, not a replacement for water. If they go back to
crystal size, I would assume your plant to be next to dead.

One major point-the roots grow through the crystal. This is how they tap the

p.s. when expanding them in bucket-add water soluable fertilizer and crystals
absorb this also!