H plantaginea Japonica

Dear George
Apart from the arguments I used earlier ( identical DNA and no sign
of any other species) I can add the following. I used two plants of H
plantaginea Japonica, one came from Steve Chamberlain and one I
imported from the garden of  the White Egret Castle Japan. THose
of Steve had pure yellow anthers  The japanese import has not
flowered yet . So maybe Maekawa had a different japonica. Did you
check the anther color  in H plantaginea Japonica yourself?
Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden
The Netherlands