Sent: Saturday, May 25, 2002 1:02 AM
Subject: RE: tree roots

Interesting question.  I never thought about it.
I guess I should have.  I've not had any problems
with roots with the hosta.  I've planted some other
trees and shrubs where they'be been a problem and
I've cut them every time, atleast 3 decent roots this
year.

I'm guessing but I'd bet it would be best for everybody
if the roots were left and the plant roots spread around
it.  But I'd like to hear it from the xperts.

Mike
Milwaukee