Re: hosta-open DIGEST V1 #342

  • Subject: Re: hosta-open DIGEST V1 #342
  • From: NardaA@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 17:33:19 EDT

In a message dated 5/30/02 3:27:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time, halinar@open.org
writes:

<<
 If you want to kill the entire plant, then use Round-up as it will
 translocate down to the roots.

 Joe Halinar

Joe, that has been my experience.  I usually put a bucket with no bottom over
the unwanted plant and spray into the  bucket.  Spray is contained in the
bucket.  Leave the bucket in place until the roundup has dried to avoid
transfer to wanted plants.  Sometimes it takes a couple of applications on
some woody plants, but it will work.  N.