Re: Dead Hostas

  • Subject: Re: Dead Hostas
  • From: "Township" township@acbm.qc.ca
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 11:41:40 -0400

Good Morning Glen,
I lost a few plants this winter , or parts of plants and am perplexed as to
why!   I lost 3 large, old  'Elegans', each planted in a different area.
Same with a couple of Frances Williams, very large old clumps.  My Green
Piecrust, which was magnificent seems to have died out in the middle, and is
now sending up small leaves at the extremities.   Candy Heart and Green
Fountains, gone!  Each of these plants were in different locations, all
being the oldest plants in my garden.  Younger plants next to all of these
did very well.  A couple of clumps left bareroot on the ground survived, as
did late planted seedlings.  (Lets not even talk about hostas that were left
to overwinter in pots.....out of perhaps 35, only 5 live.)