Re: Dead Hostas

  • Subject: Re: Dead Hostas
  • From: KT1140@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 22:02:32 EDT

I took some big hits this year due to vole activity.

H. 'Leola Fraim' (voles)
H. 'Sand Pebbles' (well actually it turned all green)
H. 'Patriot' (third time for this one, crown rot)
H. 'One Man's Treasure' (voles)
H. 'Wide Brim' (voles)
H. Undulata (voles) hey ... they even like the cheap ones!!!
H. 'Little Caesar' (TC that never grew)
H. 'Old Glory' (voles)
H. 'North Hills' (voles)
H. 'Photo Finish' (still might be there I don't remember where I planted it)
sieboldiana Elegans (never grew well and finally bit the dust after 4 years)
H. 'Stingray' (voles) This one hurt the most but I already replaced it
H. 'Anne Arett' ( another slow disappearance after a 3 year decline)

I did have one magical reappearance............H. 'Saint Elmo's Fire'
returned after being a no show the previous year.