Re: (no subject) ......It's about ants

Narda asked...
"...Anyone know a good way to get rid of ants without using chemicals?  N...."
//////////////////////////

Hi Narda,
I don't want to depress you, but I believe ants are more intelligent than humans and they ALWAYS
have plan 'B - Z' up their leg even when you pour petrol [gas] on the ground under a pot.  I had
previously tried the ever available 'ant powder', so tried this in desperation a few years ago when
they invaded a v. attractive container that I was using for a hosta above grassed soil.  I changed
the medium in the container to mainly soil and added 2 inches of gravel at the base.  This reduced
their invasion of the container but, next year, their 5 star living quarters returned below!!
One of my sons informs me that they are delicious fried in garlic butter...is your family ready for
this high protein addition to their diet??
Charlie
UK