Re: 2004 Hosta registrations

  • Subject: Re: 2004 Hosta registrations
  • From: "Tim Saville" timsaville@breathe.com
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 20:12:53 +0100

Hi Bobby
Firstly I did not intend to suggest that certain folk had "stolen" a name.
Just used one already out there, perhaps in total ignorance of that fact. I
did suggest tho' that folk naming hosta might be wise to register or they
might need to rename.
My reference to 6000 hosta does suggest that there are as many unregistered
as registered hosta. I would love to be able to have all of them in my
garden BUT presently I am downsizing my small collection aiming at the 500
figure eventually. The problem  is that as some get older they look better!
My Embroidery and Kaliban are pure magic this year for example.
So, the 6000 figure refers to the number in my data base and I believe in a
few others. Hence my looking for the easy life where hosta names are of one
word and that is unique. This bucks the trend of course where names get
longer and longer and longer.
And emails get longer ............
Tim