Re: DISCUSSIONS

  • Subject: Re: DISCUSSIONS
  • From: gw1944@vermontel.net (Glen Williams)
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 07:45:56 -0400

Butch wrote;

>I understand what you are saying but a discussion may
>bring to light things that people want.IF PEOPLE REALLY WANT SOMETHING
>FROM THE AHS THEY SHOULD WORK FOR IT THEMSELVES. THE AHS IN NOT THERE TO
>DO OUR BIDDING. THEY ARE PERPETUATING AN ORGANIZATION WITH A PRETTY SIMPLE
>(AND POSITIVE) MISSION STATEMENT. AS GANDHI SAID "BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT
>IN THE WORLD"  Is the hosta
>society of and for the people.CERTAINLY NOT. THEY ARE UNPAID VOLUNTEERS
>WHO DO THE WORK. DOING THE WORK ENTITLES THEM TO MORE INPUT IN THE
>PROCESS.IF WE WANT IT(THE AHS) TO DO SOMETHING THEN GROUP DISCUSSIONS ARE
>ONE OF THE WEAKEST APPROACHES TO REAL CHANGE. GROUP DISCUSSIONS ALWAYS
>LEAD TO LYNCHINGS.  The only function of greater value is naming,
>everything else is choice,
>custom, etc, nothing except naming should be sacred.PIFFLE.SUCH ELEVATED
>PHILISOPHICAL STATEMENTS HAVE NO PLACE IN ACTUALLY DOING REAL WORK.
>ALTHOUGH GOD KNOWS THAT "NAMING" HOSTAS HAS BECOME SACRED! :-)
>And maybe the local societies is the place for new.
>If no one takes up the question then everyone is
>content? NO DOUBT NOT. BUT THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO WORK AND CHANGE THINGS,
>AND PEOPLE THAT WANT TO DISCUSS THINGS AND HAVE OTHERS DO THEIR
>WORK.CANDIDE . CANDIDE HAD IT RIGHT..STORM THE BARRICADES BY CULTIVATING
>YOUR OWN GARDEN. AND THEN IF YOU HAPPEN TO HAVE SOME ENERGY LEFT OVER, AND
>AN IDEA YOU WANT TO FIGHT FOR.....DO IT.

Butch:   You started me thinking about  what the hosta robins can do very
well.If it rains today I will have some fun being positive about our
collective e-mail adventure into cyber-hosta-gardening. Over the years the
robins have seen some real craziness, some wonderful stuff , and most of us
(at one time or another) have taken center stage as the village idiot....
in a very small village.   glen w

"Do all you can with what you have in the time you have in the place you
are."-Nksoi Johnson              "Equatorial pygmies know your opinions."

Glen Williams
20 Dewey St.
Springfield , Vermont
05156