Re: Another hosta ID needed

  • Subject: Re: Another hosta ID needed
  • From: "R.A. Smith" rasmith6@yahoo.com
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 17:24:09 -0700 (PDT)

  You are correct, that is not WB...bad guess on my part. :-)

Mike Breiding <gwlist@adelphia.net> wrote:
  At 09:58 PM 5/8/2006 , you wrote:
>Mike, here's Wide Brim from a little later in the season, that'd be my
>first guess as well (always hard to tell from pictures). It starts out
>with more yellow but turns more like this picture later in the
>seaons. Probably coming in late on this ID request as I haven't had much
>opportunity to read all the posts lately (but catching up quickly!).
> Roger

Hi Roger,

The plant pictured here: http://mbreiding.us/hosta_ID_Needed/ is definitely
not Wide Brim.
The leaf of the plant needing an ID is much thinner and smoother.

Here is a shot of the two side-by-side: http://mBreiding.us/yel_riv_wide_brim/

In answer to Paula's question my mystery plants has 9 veins on either side
of the mid-vein.

If anyone has suggestion on how best to photograph plant for identification
- I am all ears.