Re: capitata

At 09:47 PM 5/6/98 EDT, you wrote:
>Do any of you have any experience with or tips for growing capitata?
Hello, Bev.  I don't know if this would be a tip, but mine is planted close
to the base of an open compost heap.  This was done not by design, but
because it was the only place available at the time I received my capitata.
 It receives about 4 hours of direct sunlight daily during summer, and has
no supplemental feeding or watering.  It tripled in size in one year, and
never has shown any signs of stress due to dehydration, sunburn, or pest
attack.  My feeling is that its vigor has more to do with the nature of the
plant than my treatment of it.

Sheila Smith
Niles, MI  USA, Z 5/6