Re: Show Me Your ID

In a message dated 5/8/1998 5:14:55 PM Central Daylight Time,
mikecook@pipeline.com writes:

<< I need help identifying two things I found in the garden today.  The first
 is a larva, presumably of a beetle (it has the clearly demarcated back);
 the color is an almost translucent pinkish-beige, with a column of
 identical black specks running opposite each other along each side of the
 back, and another column along each side of the body.  The shape of the
 specks and their placement lent a geometric look to the design.  Un-curled,
 it would probably have been about an inch long.  I could not tell if it had
 legs, like a grub, or not, but the posture was that of a grub, with the
 head tucked in.  It was found between a hosta and primroses.  I thought I
 would let it live until I found out if it was a pest or not.
Is it a cut worm?

Clyde Crockett z5