Re: Which to buy?

$15 sounds about right for either of them. I would have to choose H.
'Patriot' also. It is a superb hosta for either sun or shade. The color
stays pure and crisp all season long. H. 'Sum and Substance' is also a
marvelous hosta too (I own 4 of them!), but the growth rate is nothing in
comparison to H. 'Patriot.'
I find that H. 'Patriot' also performs well with other companion plants
such as maidenhair fern, but H. 'Sum and Substance' seems to grow so
huge, it drowns all other things out unless you have the room for it. My
patriot has emerged this spring with more than 16 eyes from 4 the
previous year. It should be outstanding!

Mike Groothuis
Niles, MI
zone 5