Re: Greetings To Jose From Central Indiana

In a message dated 5/17/1998 5:52:32 AM Central Daylight Time,
ALMAND@arrakis.es writes:

 This is my first post of the list. I just subscribed some 2 minutes ago... I
live in Basque Country, Northern Spain, where we enjoy a balmy but very wet
climate, zone 9, HUMID (!!!)  oceanic. Heavy soil, lots of rain: you see,

Hi Jose!

Welcome to the list!
Please tell us sources for hostas in Spain.

You should write a piece on Hostas in Spain. The HOSTA JOURNAL has published
pieces on Hostas in France, Holland, Switzerland, Belgium, Germany, Finland
and Iceland.Whilst I was Journal Editor I was working on getting an article on
hostas in Russia. Unfortunately there was a slight language problem! [If
anyone out there speaks Russian, you might call the Horticultural Department
of Moscow State University to get the info. That is THE university in Russia,
I understand.]]

Good luck with the slug treatments. I have been using this year an English
product call Bio Shower Proof.  It is a granular concoction and is the best
thing I have come across in
 that form.

Do you also have sowbugs and cutworms? I find that they do more damage to
hostas and hosta leaves than do slugs.

Good Luck!

Clyde Crockett z5  Indianapolis Indiana