Vole Feeders

This is how I built my vole feeders. These are very low cost and not bad

1) Start with a one gallon pot. Make sure the side holes are 1/2 to 3/4 inch
in diameter. They must be large enough to let the voles in. A 3/4 to 1 inch
hole is needed in the center of the bottom of the pot for a stake.

2) Cut 2 inch thick disc off of a 8 to 10 inch diameter piece of round
wood(like in a tree trunk). Drill a 1 inch hole in the center of this disc.
This is the cap that goes on the one gallon pot. (there are many
possibilities for other kinds of caps and pots)

3) Put the stake through the pot and drive or push the stake into the ground
where you want your feeder. Put the cap down over the stake.
A heavy cap helps to keep good critters out of your feeders. I put 10 small
baits in each pot so I can see how much activity there has been in an area.
When I check them I refill to 10 count.

I made 25 of these in about 3 hours. I had all of the materials on hand. A 1
inch drill bit, a drill and a chain saw are the only tools needed. I have
heard that voles can smell a human scent on baits. I don't know.  It is best
not to touch these baits anyway.
Dan Nelson
Bridgeville DE
zone 7
Where the voles are on a controlled diet.