RE: Mogul

I also put in a black and white garden a few years ago. It was an interesting challenge. I did it because
I was trying to get my daughter who is into black & white into gardening. It didn't work, but the
garden was allot of fun creating. Here are some of the plants I used:

I got a daylily Joan Senior which is almost white
White Iris
Black bearded Irises
Black Mondo Grass
White Astilbe
White Gumpo azalea
white gardenia
I have 3 Hostas (Black Hills, Black Beauty (for the names) and Metallica because it's so dark)
white daisies
white pincushion flower
Japanese painted fern
quite a few heucheras
a very dark rose (Taboo)
white butterfly bush
white wood aster
penstomen (Huskers Red) has nice dark leaves
Jack in the pulpit (Arisaema) great near black scapes
white clematis (Henryi & Duchess of Edinburgh)
Daphne Odora
white daffodils
white & dark purple hellebores
and then I use annuals
Torenia (dark almost black purple), white verbena, in spring & summer
black & white pansies, white mums, in fall & winter

I think that's it, in this garden. As you can see it's mostly white, but with a few good dark plants in for
accents. Also, I designed the garden to give me year round blooms, with Daphne's & Hellebores starting
in January, and December blooms on pansies, with everything else in between. Of course I'm in the
South and can stretch my season to twelve months, most years. The garden sits around a pond, that
until last year only had black and white fish. Now it has water & plants, raccoons ate about 40 fish!

Anyway, hope this helps. Probably more than you wanted to know, but hey...
If you need botanical names, I can look them up, some I know, some I don't. And hope you don't
grade for spelling...

Lu (Atlanta, GA Zone 7b)

Unrecognized Data: application/ms-tnef