Re: limp transplants

In a message dated 5/19/1999 8:32:38 AM Central Daylight Time, bip@tds.net

<< I have cut into my hostas during leaf out. Some of the plants in the shock
of it all have gone limp, soggy like.  Do I reduce the number of leaves, or
will it pull itself together. >>

I would use three stakes triangularly surrounding the plants. OR you could no
nothing. They should be ok. You might want to give the divisions a dose of
fish emulsion.

Clyde Crockett z5
P.S. Best time to divide hostas to replant them elsewhere is early Fall. Then
you want have to look at those droopers all thru the spring and summer.