Re: Hosta Journal-my main complaint

Hi ,

My journal arrived last week, in good condition, and I enjoyed it as
always.  But I must say that I was extremely disappointed when I saw two
color pages, space dearly spent, on...
hostas all of us have and know all too much about!

Why do this?  Have I not seen 'Sum & Substance' in photo form and in real
life enough? I love the plant, but jeez, put in a color photo of something
new and exciting!  Or just something new that people are not familiar with!
I was not happy with it one bit.

Anybody who belongs to the AHS probably has all of these beginner hostas,
loves them and cherishes them, but we do not need journal photo space
wasted on them.  We all know what they look like and we are the main
audience of the Journal.  But I did like the articles on the $150 hosta
starter collections.

I want to see more like 'Rusty Bee.' I had to wipe the drool off that page!
And with the 3000+ cultivars out there, surely we could put something new
on those pages!!!!!!!!!!

Stacy Holtzman
Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Bloomington, Indiana Z5b