End of cotyl discussion

I had an interesting discussion with Joe about the name for the first
leaf .I think it is now without doubt that I was right and that the
first leaf is not a cotyledon. Everybody seems to think so..
This latter opinion is based  on the fact that several
jumped in when they thought I was wrong .Now not a single one
is fair or brave enough to say that I was right after all.
 Must be cultural differences
Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden