pod numbers

 I dont know why you ( and Mr Schmid) read the article composed by
Chamberlain and me from the data of many people wrongly. It does not
say anything about fertility. It only gives numbers of pods , simply
because these were easy to count. For me there is not much difference
if any, between infertile or sterile, the latter word suggested to me
by Chamberlain. Maybe "absent " was a better term., but  the
explanation given "0 procent pods" seems to me clear to everybody.
Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden
The Netherlands