Mary: Did you plant the seed or is it a volunteer? As you know there are
several varieties and/or species( hope that's right) such asTaxus
baccata,Taxus x media , etc. Taxus x media which gives us cultivars commonly
sold in garden centers such as "Brownii ","Hicksii" and "Hatfieldii". The
Hicks yew is columnar and yours could be a seedling of it. Also under media
ther's two very narrow cultivars,"Flushing" and   "Beanpole". A wholesale
nursery in our area propigates both and likes Flushing better. So, I have
several Flushing standing guard at the bridge crossing the creek. They are
presently just under three feet tall and about three inches in diameter.
Perhaps yours is a media and will show similar characteristics. Maybeyou
could name it Lakeside___ _____.
As for cuttings, take new growth in late summer/early fall + rooteing hormone
and plant in any seed mixture......they root readily as I have done it
succesfully which suggests it's not too difficult.
                                 Walter Cullerton In Pineville,Pa
Getting to know a few deer on a first name basis