Re: Math Against Tyranny - US Electorial College

RE:>> But it is only the schoolboy mentality who has been defeated by the electoral college that seems to think our democracy needs to be challenged.Beth Arnold

I "resemble" that remark!  LOL!!!   I can read more about this, now, and I shall.  However, in the interim, I'm in favor of letting the country as a WHOLE elect the president, not state by state.  I can understand why senators and congressman should be elected by each states total vote, and the vote should be binding.  Doing this county by county in a mini-electoral college format just creates too much opportunity for skewing the vote in favor of the larger metro areas.   And this is what can happen in the electoral college.

The total vote count COULD elect one Pres & VP combo but be overridden by the Electoral College.   And, the Electors are not bound to vote as the populace voted (even though they, by-and-large, do).

Andrew Lietzow, Plantsman            http://hostahaven.com
HostaHaven.com                       mailto:andrewl@hostahaven.com
1250 41st Street                     515-274-0300 voice
Des Moines, IA 50311-2516