Re: Polyploid Sum and Substance?

----- Original Message -----
From: James M. Anderson <JmaHosta@WinterberryFarms.com>
To: <hosta-open@mallorn.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2000 10:14 AM
Subject: Polyploid Sum and Substance?
A couple of farther observations.  On the original TC there were some, but
not a high number of "off types"  However, I have observed pretty much what
you pointed out.  I also wanted to note the scapes and blooms.  on all the
plants that have come into bloom , wether in sun or shade. the scapes have
been short, about 14 ".  The blooms are thick and waxy, they tend to face
straight out from the scape and are as large or larger than on S & S.  Most
important, they are very closly clustered and the scape seems to be
abnormally heavy.