Re: Clarification please

In a message dated 11/15/2000 10:16:00 AM Central Standard Time,
andrewl@hostahaven.com writes:

<< In Situ = in the wild
 Ex Situ = in the lab
 True, or False? >>

In-situ means that something is in is original or proper place, used more
often now in medical parlance.

One might properly use it in the below example.

I took the picture of the Hosta in-situ, = the picture was taken of the Hosta
were it was in the ground.

Or I took a picture of the flower in-situ-or while it was still attached to
the scape.

It's used in a few diffrent ways in medicine.

The two examples that you use for the word are too limited  and restrictive
for the words