Re: election - delete if not interested - A closet Politician?

Hi Narda,
This is a tragedy-- the U.S.S. Cole.  But it is nor germane to the subject.
It has absolutely NOTHING to do with absentee voting and the procedures
required to keep the voting legal.  As someone stated, "this was common
practice, of not postmarking absentee ballots".  Well, it won't be any
longer.  You can't break the rules over and over and then start thinking,
"I've never been caught so now it must be legal".   Van Halen has a song, "I
can't drive 55".  Well that's fine, Van baby, but when you're in Iowa, you'd
better learn how because the only roads where you can go faster are the
interstates.  You can expect to be ticketed.  That law is retarded, if you
ask me, but I don't make the laws and neither do these absentee voters.

If it was common practice (to not affix postmarks) then I don't like the
level of controls that are being exercised over the voting process and these
young recruits need to attend a refresher course on how to vote through
absentee ballot.  Or maybe it's the officers at the AFO's that need an
upbraiding.  I remember the plebe beats; the polishing of your belt buckles
'til they looked back at the brass that would be checking them for dust; the
squaring of your meals while you sat at attention, and unless under extreme
pressure, these folks should be masters at little details like remembering
to postmark a ballot.

Narda, I respect your opinion, yet when you use these emotional tie-ins to
get us completely off the subject, I begin to think you could be a
politician.  Are you a closet politician, Narda?   Come on, fess up.  This
type of "reach down and grab at their heart-strings" tactic is usually
reserved for professionals, with advanced training.  Are you a professional,
Narda?   Tee Hee Hee....

Andrew Lietzow, Plantsman

1250 41st Street
Des Moines, IA 50311-2516