hort.net Seasonal photo, (c) 2006 Christopher P. Lindsey, All Rights Reserved: do not copy
articles | gallery of plants | blog | tech blog | plant profiles | patents | mailing lists | top stories | links | shorturl service | tom clothier's archive0
Gallery of Plants
Tech Blog
Plant Profiles
Mailing Lists
    Search ALL lists
    Search help
    Subscription info
Top Stories
sHORTurl service
Tom Clothier's Archive
 Top Stories
Disease could hit Britain's trees hard

Ten of the best snowdrop cultivars

Plant protein database helps identify plant gene functions

Dendroclimatologists record history through trees

Potato beetle could be thwarted through gene manipulation

Hawaii expands coffee farm quarantine

Study explains flower petal loss

Unauthorized use of a plant doesn't invalidate it's patent

RSS story archive

Re: Removal Request - Wowzer...

Floyd M. Rogers, Editor (Northern Illinois Hosta Society)-- wrote:
RE:>> Your post...

You have got to be kidding me.  I've tried for weeks and weeks to get people to discuss ploidy conversions, have asked questions about wintering over plants, have visited with Beth and several others on the list about seedling propagation, sources for supplies, application of restricted use chemicals, pests and the treatment regimens for same, and many of other HOSTA related questions.  Sure, she is a political animal, but statements like yours remind me of a schoolyard bully.  She and about 10 others are the only ones that have been actually taking the time to post anything!!!  Isn't it interesting that many of the same ones that are talking politics are also the same ones who will take the time to answer your, and everyone else's, questions?

I can see telling her to "put a lid on it", and I can see others telling ME to "stuff a sock in it, mister", but suggesting that she (and I, next?) should be removed from the list?  Wowzer... That's pretty radical.

Just ask some Hosta questions, Floyd, and tell others to do the same.  And tell those without guts enough to send her a private email to just quit "whining" to you.  In your official capacity, I would think that you could petition the board for one of those T-Shirts with the big red circle and the line through it that says, "No Whining".  This is the kind of stiffling censorship that has occurred on the Pheonix and I for one don't want to support ANY list in deference to another (through publicly funded auctions) if there is censorship.  If you had mailed this privately, I personally would have felt a lot better about it since discretion is the better part of valor, but it's too late now.  And for those who can't stomach the adult conversation, well I won't say it...

Sorry that her posts are not well received by all, but this post of yours is way off the charts, IMHO.  Using the title is like trying to win through intimidation--a top selling book once upon a time, but I prefer another that is even a bigger seller... I suppose I'd better not say which book, for fear of cencorship on that issue, too.

Choosing a public venue for a berating necessites, IMO, a public venue for an apology ... whether it will be forth coming, or not, is up to you.

Beth, I'm sorry to have instigated you to put on your political hat so many times in these past two weeks (and folks, this has only been since 00/11/07).  I know you're a big girl and can handle it, but if I had NOT been so outspoken, maybe this would not have happened...  Please forgive me for egging you on.  I never would have done it if I had thought there were so many who would take offense...I know there are others, but certainly I was one of the more frequent posters.

I start to understand why only 49% of the population votes... The other 51% preferring to come out of the woodwork only when it is time to whine... 

Andrew Lietzow, Plantsman            http://hostahaven.com
HostaHaven.com                       mailto:andrewl@hostahaven.com
1250 41st Street                     515-274-0300 voice
Des Moines, IA 50311-2516

 © 1995-2015 Mallorn Computing, Inc.All Rights Reserved.
Our Privacy Statement
Other Mailing lists | Author Index | Date Index | Subject Index | Thread Index