With sadness...

  • Subject: With sadness...
  • From: HoroRL@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 00:31:13 EST

Good morning, dear friends:

I was just reading my mail from the Daylily newsgroup.  They have  reported
that one of our dearest hosta hybridizers has past away, Eleanor  Lachman.

I remember one of the last times I visited Eleanor, we sat in the backyard
under the tree drinking homemade lemonade.  We didn't speak about Bill,  hosta,
or daylilies.  We spoke about family.  She spoke about Kevin  Vaughn running
down the road to see Bill do some hybridizing of hosta and  daylilies.
Eleanor also spoke of a car mishap that she had...she hit a  traffic light post.  I
believe that she decided to sell the house and move  into adult living.

I have good thoughts of visiting Bill and Eleanor...now they are together
again...

Hostally,

Rich Horowitz
Stoughton MA