Re: seedling time again

Joanne Pyszczek wrote:
> Well, I've got my hosta seeds planted and now it's time to sit back and
> watch.  With so many look-alike hostas out there what sort of qualities
> do most look for in a seedling to determine if it's a keeper or not? I
> realize that's a decision that requires years of evaluation but for
> those of us with limited space how do you decide? Especially when your
> expecting to see a lot of little green hostas, not much varigation.
> Joanne

That's a good question, Joanne. Especially in light of the possibility
of finding a really GOOD green hosta.  Some of my favorites are all
green, with no variegation. And, some of the variegated ones look so
much alike when they are young seedlings. It takes time for differences
to become noticeable. How DOES one determine which to keep?