Yesterday

Can you believe that one person could have three flat tires on their
equipment. One was down on the trailer, one on the pressure washer and one on
the sprayer. They all had to go to the shop for new insides. Thank goodness
we were able to pump up the one on the mower. A few years ago the tire on my
wheel barrow just wore out. Roy fixed that for me he went out and bought me a
high speed tire to replace it. All is still well there.
Yesterday was just one of those perfect days that one needs to be outside so
it was a great time to spread fertilizer over the yard. When the tires went
to the Co-op for repair we loaded the truck with fertilizer. There was a
little problem, the yard is almost 2 acres and the spreader is one to push as
you walk. Near dark last night found us not quite finished but today is
prefect again.
The only thing missing is rain. I have decided that the reason our frosts are
almost no existent is that we don't have enough moisture in the air for it to
condense at night. So the nuts are still falling slowly from the trees and a
complete clean up is not possible.
All of this just causes me to give thanks for water that flows through the
taps. It takes gallons daily just to keep the seedlings growing. It suddenly
occurred to me that I did not plan to have seedlings this year until after
the dawn of Y 2,000. If the power is off for an extended time my sounds of
morning and gnashing of teeth will probably reach the continent of Europe. No
heat and no water would spell disaster for my babies. Man, I just realized
what a self centered statement that was. Forget the plant Mary and think
about mankind.
I am waiting for the hostas to go completely dormant as this year I have
decided to give my knees a rest. I am planning to use roundup on those fall
weeds before spreading the pine needles. Up until this year I have done it
the old fashion way and taken them out one by one with my trusty little
tools. I need to use the time to remove some shrubs from the garden and
replace them with things that grow less than five feet per year. Does anyone
have an idea as to the best time to use the roundup?
The day ended with a dead telephone line. It took me an hour to discover why
AOL could not connect me. And I am not even a blond. The last is for the
person that sent me the email joke about the blond.
Mary