Re: Microwaving soil (Was: Re: deli-containers)

In a message dated 11/22/99 7:06:21 AM Eastern Standard Time, eoneill@ibm.net

 Gerry  (who prefers the scent of cooking soil to the stench of gas powered
 leaf blowers, lawn mowers, weed-whackers, hedge trimmers, etc., etc., etc.)>

Gerry, the point about the sterilized mix is a good one. Thanks for helping
me out so much.

After all these years I picked up a small green piece of the white stuff in
the soil and discovered it was hard.  Expanded silica, amazing.  Learn
something new everyday.  Seed germination is a great big learning experience,
glad I took it on.

I don't care if its gas powered or what when the neighbor gets up at seven
Sat. morn and starts his leaf blowing he is in serious danger.  Not that I
mind, but everyone else that lives her gets up and starts stomping around,
including the dog.

What did we ever do before we acquired all these conveniences?