Hostas in California

Ever since we started getting a lot of traffic on our web site I've been
getting orders and catalog requests from California and Florida.  Before
the world got smaller we didn't bother sending catalogs to these areas.
Can anyone tell me where, if anywhere, in these two states that hostas
will survive for a reasonable time?