  • Subject: Observation........
  • From: JMFLIES@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 09:15:24 EDT

Last spring I started with two plants of Savannah.  I planted one in the garden and the other in a container on my deck.  I just recently decided to get the one in the container planted in the gardens.  In doing this, I couldn't believe the root system on the container plant.  It was massive.  I pulled up the one in the garden to see what kind of root system that had and it was only a quarter the size.  The plant that went into the container went from a 4" pot to the container being a good 12".........so I don't believe the massive root system was from the roots being confined.  The only difference between them was that the deck plant got a weekly dose of miracle grow when all the other container plants got some.  What does this mean, should we be giving the gardens a weekly dose of miracle grow to get the same results?  Do others out there do this?        - Joyce

"The Friendship Plant'