Re: hostas still looking good

  • Subject: Re: hostas still looking good
  • From: "Dan Nelson" <sussextreeinc@ce.net>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 19:29:00 -0400

About 40% of my hostas are still looking ok. Those that look best are under low and heavy tree canopy cover. Those in the open are quickly fading and it's hard to tell one cultivar from the other. It seem to me that hostas with the species H. 'plantaginea' in their heritage are the first to look bad with the first frost.

Dan Nelson