Irrigation choices

Hi all,

I have a new bed that I am going to need to install irrigation in next
year. I was wondering what all of you who use irrigation prefer such as
soaker hoses or drip. The tree canopy is so thick overhead that even
large amounts of rain have a hard time penetrating. The mulch gets wet
but that's as far as it goes - remove the mulch and the soil is dry.
Altering the canopy is not an option.