so many questions

Everyone has been so full of information the last couple of weeks, that my thoughts are way behind everyone. So I am going to throw several questions out at once.

1. I have an unheated greenhouse. So if I were to sow hosta seed in flats as suggested and store them in the greenhouse over winter I assume they would sprout as the light and temperature increased in the spring. Is there anything special that I would have to do them for this to happen, other than not let the soil totally dry out?

2. I have a small, very small, nursery which I would like to supply with these seedlings but I have no shade to speak of left to grow them in. So, having several acres of sunshine to play with, I am intersested in the double cropping. My question here is how much sun can the young seedlings actually take and how much water do they need in that much sun? I think the corn and tomatoes are a brilliant idea, but I don't know that the daylillies would give them any shade at all unless they were planted just inches from one another.

3. Last question for the moment is this. I am considering whether I would like to begin selling hosta by mail order. Could those of you who actually do this comment on your experiences and give me some advice on how to begin. If you would prefer to not be specific in the group, feel free to send any response to my personal address.

Thanks everyone for all the wonderful pics and ideas and stories. I look forward to reading them everyday.

Surf the Web without missing calls! Get MSN Broadband. http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/freeactivation.asp