Re: On-line AHS Auctions ***open to American Residents only?***

  • Subject: Re: On-line AHS Auctions ***open to American Residents only?***
  • From: Bill Nash raffi@sympatico.ca
  • Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 15:26:10 -0500

At 03:58 PM 10/25/2002, you wrote:

>Good evening, Everyone:
>There are just a few hours left until the auction will begin, October 26th.
>We are still short of plant donations (<35 hosta), but I have been informed
>that the auction will go on as scheduled.
>Go directly to <A
>HREF="http://auction.hosta.org/";>http://auction.hosta.org</A> and register
>for a password...go back
>in and submit a plant if you have a picture. You may place your picture and
>paragraph directly into the auction.
>Time to have fun at the auction and Enjoy!
>Rich Horowitz
>Stoughton MA
```````````` hey'Rich....I just went into the American Hosta Society (AHS)
Auction Site to register, and I saw that the registration aspect is set up
to only take American Zip-codes; per USA address destinations -- kind of
one sided -- don't you think?
                      Anyway, looks to me like this AHS auction, is only
open to Americans; and meaning perhaps, that Foreigners: are not eligible
to participate? <<DUNNO?..don't care!>>  I find this whole AHS
AUCTION-matter comical, by the fact and from my thinking, that the AHS was
an international Society? LOL! "heha"

Have'fun'AMERICA!...playing your games alone?

Bill Nash Guelph Ontario Canada Zone 4 <raffi@sympatico.ca>
<subnote> aimed at the AHS Hierarchial powers that be:

 >>---DID YOU KNOW?--->> that *hostaseed* can be mailed to any country on
our planet, without any need to attach a Phytosanitary Certificate and
*etcetera*.  By the word "etcetera" I am saying: a customs declaration is
not needed either, because a seed containing letter, is just a letter; and
can go as straight letter-mail, since the flower seed contained within is
an *exempted item* (i.e. Genus Hosta?)<=>y'all knew this right? /B>))
H'mmm! (: