From: gw1944@vermontel.net [mailto:gw1944@vermontel.net]
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 10:33 AM
To: hosta-open@hort.net; PHOENIX_HOSTA_ROBIN@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM
Subject: Crosses

Arguably one of the most famous efforts in hybridization was made by
Eric
Smith: H.'Tardiflora X H. sieboldiana, resulting in the H. Tardiana grex
series.Certainly many in this series are visually stunning, clearly
making
the cross a classic one.

I was wondering what other intentional crosses might be considered in
the
same light. Not the endless open pollinations or mystery crosses , but
crosses where both parents are named and held responsible for their
offspring.

Anybody have any such crosses they can name?

Hebdomad  n: a week; seven days
Glen Williams
20 Dewey St.
Springfield , Vermont