Re: H. 'Liberty', will the edge deteriorate?

  • Subject: Re: H. 'Liberty', will the edge deteriorate?
  • From: RBRSSR@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 19:53:24 EDT

Bill, thanks for your comments, they are always appreciated.

I'm struggling with your statement that "there's probably no relevance to how
wide the margin is."  Seems to me that the more white, the more problems,
whether it be center or edge variegation.

My perception is the narrower the white center, the less severe of a problem
melting out will be. If accurate, wouldn't the same hold true for white edges,
the wider the edge, the more prone to melting, tearing and/or cupping?

Do the different leaf layers (L1 vs.L2) have any bearing on this subject?

Not arguing, just trying to learn.

Ray Rodgers, Bartonville, IL, Zone 5

In a message dated 10/14/2004 10:12:32 PM Central Standard Time,