To: <hosta-open@hort.net>; <thehostaforum@thegardensite.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 28, 2006 10:36 AM
Subject: Real Hosta Question

Hi Hosta Folks,

Just got 12 H. 'Deja Blue' liners. The leaves have been cut off. I have
never had plants this late. I would like to take the dirt off the roots,
dry them a bit , and pop them in the fridge for the winter in a sealed
plastic container. Have never done this, but have no desire to plant them
in the ground outside. Any advice would be appreciated.

I know that dry root sellers in the spring have a special process but I
have never asked what it was.

Snow flakes in the air, a freezing rain, and threats of 60 MPH winds this
afternoon. Just another October day in Vermont. :-)

A grenade fell onto a kitchen floor in France,resulted in Linoleum Blownapart.
Glen Williams
20 Dewey St.
Springfield , Vermont
05156