Re: New Nematode Control

At 06:31 AM 10/4/98 EDT, you wrote:
>I know of several companies that market pathogenic nematodes here in the UK.
>Different types are available for use against different "pests", ie: Slugs,
>Vine weevil etc, but I have not heard of a biological control here that will
>work with foliar nematodes.
>Are people getting confused between foliar nematodes and root nematodes ?
Hi, Glen.  No, my question was about nematodes in general, not foliar
nematodes.  I understand there are soil-dwelling types that sometimes
attack hostas.  Also, you mention pathogenic nematodes; but I was asking
about a fungus and a mold being used as nematode controls.  I have heard
that pathogenic nematodes are not really nematodes; so is the fungus or
mold what you are buying when you buy "predatory nematodes"?  If so, it
would answer another question for me - how one can add water to a dried-out
nematode and bring it back to life!

Sheila Smith
Niles, MI  USA, Z 5/6